I got the original recipe Here but since I don't like peppers, I swapped them out for kale and asparagus- I highly recommend this recipe!
Sausage getting all browned in the pot..
Finished product (theres more veggies on the botton of the pot)
See.. It's pretty hearty!
It was soooo good!
1lb (4 links) of Italian Sausage with casings removed (you can really use any sausage or ground meat you want- I used Sweet Italian sausage- I got mine HERE all of their stuff is organic and grass fed, its a bit pricey, but I don't go to them all of the time)
1 large onion diced (not too small though)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
Bunch of Asparagus (cut into thirds)
Small bunch of kale
4 cloves of Garlic (I used 5)
1/2 cup White Wine (I used cooking wine)
1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes with juice- if you can, try and get the low or no sodium added
1 Package Pappardelle Noodles (These may be hard to find- I got mine at Fairway Market, but an Italian specialty store may have them) These are my favorite noodles!
1. In a large skillet or pot drizzle olive oil and add the sausage or ground meat, keep it fairly chunky (you do not need a lot of oil because the sausage will produce its own)
2. Cook sausage until browned on both sides.
3. Once browned remove it with a slotted spoon and set aside (to be added back later)
4. Add the onions to the sausage drippings and saute until translucent, once it is translucent, add the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
5. Add the asparagus, and the kale and let the kale shrink
6. Next add the garlic, and after about 5 minutes, add the wine.
7. Once the wine is reduced, add the tomatoes with the juice and add back the sausage or ground meat.
8. At this point I let the mixture come to a boil then reduced it to medium low heat and started cooking the macaroni
9. Once the macaroni is done, turn off the heat and mix it all together
Questions or comments feel free to email or comment me!
Thanks for stopping by!!